Casley-Smith:The Australian Method. Approved for 135 contact hours or 13.5 CEU’ by the Arizona Physical Therapy Association. Learn how to identify and treat lymphedema, lipedema, chronic venous insufficiency, swollen legs, and lipolymphedema. This course satisfies the requirements established by the Lymphology Associat
With the successful completion of the course, the participant will be a fully certified lymphedema therapist and eligible to sit for the national board exam of the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA).
Other healthcare professionals such as speech therapists, chiropractors, and athletic trainers are not eligible to take the LANA exam but will find this modality beneficial in their practice. Individuals who are not included in the list above may be certified as a Certified Edema Associate.
The Lymphology Association of North America (LANA) is a non-profit corporation comprised of healthcare professionals experienced in the management of lymphedema. Having recognized the need for a national certification examination for lymphedema therapists, LANA tests knowledge considered fundamental in the treatment of lymphedema.
The objectives and purposes of the organization shall be to promote standards for management of individuals with lymphedema and/or related disorders, to establish and maintain certification for healthcare professionals who provide such services and to promote lymphedema awareness and the science of lymphology.
*Certain extra requirements may apply
Evaluation and treatment of lymphedema and other peripheral edemas: venous edema, peri-wound edema, chronic venous insufficiency, post-op and post-traumatic edemas, vascular malformations.
· Taught by internationally recognized speaker and instructor Andrea Brennan, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, CI-CS. Dr. Brennan is a certified instructor in the Casley-Smith method in the Modern Treatment for Lymphedema. She received her Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy in 2012 and has been practicing since 1978. Joseph Brennan, MA received his degree from Arizona State University in 1984 majoring in microbiology/immunology. He has attended over 500 hours of continuing education regarding lymphedema and edema.
· Comprehensive lymphedema training.
· Provides individual attention, with small class size.
· Incorporates the latest research on the lymphatic system and effective treatment techniques.
· Includes training in compression garment fitting.
· Extensive evaluation techniques, functional outcome measures with G-codes.
· Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD), decongestive exercises, skin care, home programs, and demonstration of various compression devices and more.
· Science of compression emphasized with compression bandaging.
· Deals with all body parts for a variety of etiologies and co-morbidities.
· Emphasizes problem solving.
· Offers follow-up consultations and mentoring by phone and/or email.
45 hours in-home/online studies
90 hours practical in-person lab Variable time frames are offered for the completion of the 90 hours such as 9 consecutive days, 10 days, or 5 weekends,
Approved by the Arizona Physical Therapy Association for 135 contact hours or 13.5 CEUs
$3150. If two or more are from the same institution there will be a discount
the next class will start on August 28th. This course will be conducted over three weekend
August 28 Friday 12 Noon 7:00 PM
August 29 Saturday 7:00 AM 8:00 PM
August 30 Sunday 7:00 AM 8:00 PM
September 11 Friday 12 Noon 7:00 PM
September 12 Saturday 7:00 AM 8:00 PM
September 13 Sunday 7:00 AM 8:00 PM
Third weekend, TBD